Namibia Under Canvas
This Namibia Under Canvas trip affords you the chance to experience this magnificent and memorable country in a very personal way.
You will have your own professional and experienced safari guide who will enhance your enjoyment of this unique country by making it a fascinating and stress-free journey of discovery amidst very dramatic scenery.
|April & May
|4.400€ or $4.800
|5.300€ or $5.780
|June to October
|4.880€ or 5.320€
|5.870€ or $6.400
Itinerary in brief
- Day 1, 2 & 3: Arrive in Windhoek by 07h00 or the previous day. Set off by road to Ongava Game Reserve Southern Etosha National Park boundary via the Okonjima Day Visitor Centre, AfriCat Foundation.
- Day 4, 5 & 6: Drive to Camp Doros, Damaraland.
- Day 7: Drive to Desert Breeze Lodge, Swakopmund.
- Day 8 & 9: Drive to Camp Sossus, Sossusvlei.
- Day 10: Drive back to Windhoek.
Please check the full brochure to see the detailed itinerary.
- Travel with one of Namibia’s most reputable and well-known naturalist guides.
- Visit the world renowned AfriCat Foundation and learn more about conservation initiatives involving Africa’s large cats.
- Memorable and exciting guided game drives within the renowned Etosha National Park, from the vantage point of a specially modified, air conditioned 4×4 with pop tops.
- Game viewing at a floodlit waterhole at night.
- Game drive on the private Ongava Reserve
- Explore the Damaraland region whilst staying at Camp Doros.
- Search for desert adapted elephant in ephemeral river systems.
- Track for the endangered black rhino in conjunction with Save the Rhino Trust.
- Visit and explore Namibia’s central coastal region with canyons, dunes and lagoons.
- Explore the private Namib Tsaris Conservancy on exploratory nature drives and guided walks whilst staying at Camp Sossus.
- Climb some of the world’s highest free-standing sand dunes at Sossusvlei and enjoy a magic box picnic in the Namib Naukluft Park afterwards.
- Enjoy spectacular star gazing of the Milky Way on the Namib Tsaris Conservancy.
- Enjoy refreshing moments in desert pools on the Namib Tsaris Conservancy.
- Visas/Passports: Please ensure: 1) that you have pre-arranged your entry visa if required; 2) that your passport is valid for at least six months after your scheduled departure date from Namibia; 3) that you have a minimum of 2 consecutive clear pages. If this is not the case, there is a danger of being turned away by the Immigration Service on arrival at the airport – assuming your airline has agreed to bring you and risk a fine in the first place.
- Health: No vaccinations are mandatory but please consult your doctor for medical advice. Parts of Namibia are considered to be malarial so we recommend the use of anti-malarial prophylactics (normally Malarone), especially if visiting during the Namibian summer (December to April) – subject to advice from your own doctor.
- Luggage: Is normally restricted to 20 kg (not including photographic equipment) per person in a soft, hold all type bag. Weight is generally less important than volume as everything is carried with you on safari. If adding extensions that involve light aircraft transfers the luggage limit may be reduced further to 12 kg in soft bags (please enquire if this may apply to you). If required, any extra luggage can be stored at our base when visitors are away on safari.
- Vehicles: Vehicles used are specialized 4×4 safari vehicle, equipped with air-conditioning and fridges for drinks and snacks.
Frequently asked questions
Our trips are designed for people who want to experience an amazing landscape/safari trip.
Whether you are a seasoned traveler or someone who is new to adventure travel, our trips are suitable for anyone who is looking for an unforgettable experience in some of the most beautiful and exotic destinations in the world. Our itineraries are carefully crafted to offer a balance of adventure and relaxation, so you can enjoy a truly unique and transformative travel experience.
You can find the full itinerary and all the relevant details in our brochure, which provides a comprehensive overview of the trip. We highly recommend that you review the brochure before booking to ensure that the itinerary meets your expectations and needs.
You can find complete details about the accommodations provided in the brochure. Every accommodation offers a unique experience and a range of amenities to ensure that you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
During your safari in Namibia, you can expect to encounter a diverse range of wildlife. In Etosha National Park, you may have the opportunity to see iconic African animals such as elephants, lions, giraffes, zebras, wildebeests, and various antelope species. The park is also known for its large population of endangered black rhinos.
In the Namib Desert, you may encounter unique desert-adapted species such as oryx, springbok, and ostriches. Additionally, the desert landscapes offer the chance to observe fascinating smaller creatures and birdlife that have adapted to the arid environment.
During your trip, you will be provided with a variety of delicious and healthy meals that are prepared to high standards. The lodges and camps that we work with take great care in providing high-quality food to ensure that you have a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
If you have any food intolerances or allergies, please let us know in advance so that we can make the necessary arrangements. Vegetarian and vegan options are also available upon request.
Dates & Availability
|Namibia Under Canvas #1
|04 Apr 2024
|13 Apr 2024
|Namibia Under Canvas #2
|18 Apr 2024
|27 Apr 2024
|Namibia Under Canvas #3
|02 May 2024
|11 May 2024
|Namibia Under Canvas #4
|09 May 2024
|18 May 2024
|Namibia Under Canvas #6
|30 May 2024
|08 Jun 2024
|Namibia Under Canvas #7
|20 Jun 2024
|29 Jun 2024
|Namibia Under Canvas #8
|27 Jun 2024
|06 Jul 2024
|Namibia Under Canvas #9
|11 Jul 2024
|20 Jul 2024
|Namibia Under Canvas #11
|01 Aug 2024
|10 Aug 2024
|Namibia Under Canvas #12
|15 Aug 2024
|24 Aug 2024
|Namibia Under Canvas #13
|29 Aug 2024
|07 Sep 2024
|Namibia Under Canvas #14
|12 Sep 2024
|21 Sep 2024
A note on mobility
These Under Canvas Safaris have elements that require a degree of mobility in order to get the best out of them. These include tracking for desert adapted black rhino across rough terrain on foot, sometimes for up to three or four hours, and climbing some of the free-standing dunes in the Sossusvlei area.
If you are not sure you are able to do this, it may be better to look at a less active program such as our Ultimate Namibia Safari which does not include rhino tracking on foot.
Please note that both of these are group departures, and your guide cannot change the advertised program to suit individual needs unless all participants agree, so everyone needs to keep up or risk being left out on occasion.
Please therefore make an honest assessment of your fitness levels before deciding to take part. You don’t need to be a marathon runner, but you do need ‘level three’ mobility which means you can walk for two or three kilometers over fairly rough ground where necessary.
When you make your assessment, please also consider other medical conditions such as recent injuries to back or neck, or difficulties in hearing, as these can also adversely affect your enjoyment.
None of this should be a deterrent to most potential participants, but we feel duty-bound to ensure that guests are aware of what they may need to be able to do before making booking. Assuming all is well with that, you are very welcome to join in, and you are also pretty much guaranteed a great safari experience
What is included
- Accommodation as stated above.
- Transportation in a luxury air-conditioned safari vehicle.
- All meals.
- Services of a registered and experienced naturalist English-speaking safari guide.
- Entrance fees and excursions as described in above itinerary.
- Mineral water on board the safari vehicle.
- Local drinks at meals (this includes water, soft drinks, beers and table wine).
- Two Ongava afternoon property drives in open game viewer with lodge guide.
- Welcome pack.
What is excluded
- International, regional & local flights to Namibia and airport taxes.
- Return airport transfers from Windhoek International Airport – Windhoek – Windhoek International Airport.
- Pre and post safari accommodation in Windhoek.
- Any entrance fees and excursions not included in the above itinerary such as scenic flights.
- All premium and imported wines, champagnes and spirits.
- Laundry (laundry service available at lodges at extra cost) – Camp Doros will offer a limited complimentary laundry service to assist with a ‘mid-point laundry’ opportunity.
- Items of personal nature (telephone expenses, curios, medicines etc).
- ENTRY VISA FEES.
- BANK CHARGES.
*Prices increase depending on when the reservation is made: After March (+100€/$), June (+200€/$) and September (+300€/$).